Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Such Sad News

I am so sad to report that one of my best friends Catherine Rowley Hill's husband Clint passed away last week. He was only 26 years old and died of cancer. It is so awful to see someone so young and with so much potential pass away. I went to the funeral last weekend in Idaho Falls. Catherine is not sure what she is going to do. Right now she is still staying in Idaho Falls with his family. My heart just breaks for her. She is such a beautiful, kind, creative, talented, funny, sweet person and I hate to see her go through this. If anyone wants to send Catherine a card just let me know and I can give you her address. Please keep Catherine and her family in your prayers.


9 comments:

The Lind's said...

Our thoughts and prayers continue to stay with Catherine. Clint was such a great guy! It's hard loosing a good friend, I can't even imagine what Catherine is going through! I actaully needed to get her address, if you don't mind emailing it to me. (I emailed you my new email address!) Thanks. And although it was such a sad event, it was good to see you! Becca

Jami Baker said...

I heard about this and WOW, you never think this could happen to anyone you know. Catherine is a strong person and I know she will get through this. It will definitely take time, but she is in our prayers. I do want her address, could you email it to me...jamilynn14@yahoo.com Thanks Liz!

Lisa Harris said...

I was really sad to hear this news. It's so hard to watch someone so young have to deal with such a big trial. Catherine is very lucky to have a great friend like you Liz! xoxo

Will & Camie Shill said...

hey lizabeth brooklyn told me...this is heartbreaking I don't know what I can say or do in a letter but would just want her to know how much i care.

Laura said...

Hey Elizabeth its Laura (Lane) Smith again...I'm so sorry to hear he passed I had heard he wasn't doing so well. My thoughts and prayers are with sweet Cathrine. I would love her address if you could please email it to me..lane_laura@hotmail.com. Thanks for posting this I had been wondering how he was doing. My heart breaks for her. She will be in our prayers. She is so lucky to have you.

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

I feel so bad- I'm glad you were able to attend his funeral Elizabeth. I hope Catherine is doing well. I'd love to see her next time she's in Arizona.

Rachel said...

Heartbreakingly sad. I would be lost to lose my husband, even with the Gospel. Many sympathies for Catherine, his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Liz, This is Angie. My sister actually sent me your blog page. Your pics are soo great. I don't know what my blog address is but I will figure all that out later. I cannot beleive this news. We never know what is in our futures and we have to make the best of each day together. I was in a car accident today that could have been deadly, and I am soo greatful to be alive. I know catherine is so strong and has soo much faith. Things will slowly work out for her. my E-mail is awmacm@cox.net. If you could send me Catherines address and phone number or just details about this, I would really appreciate it. Good to see you doing soo well too. little sophie is a doll. I love you! talk soon. Angie (Cutright) McLennan

Danielle said...

I was doing some research on young adults and cancer, and ironically happened upon this...

I hesitated posting a comment because I know eight years ago, I was a terrible friend (to which I still regret). Yet, as a cancer educator who works with young adults, I did want to express my sympathies to your friend for her loss. She'll be in my prayers.


Blessings to you and yours.