Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fun with scorpions!

We went to Arizona last weekend for Sophie's cousin's baby blessing, dental work, and other things.

While I (Brady) was there, I thought it would be fun to catch a scorpion and bring it home to show my co-workers what a real, live scorpion looks like. The first one I caught died in his jar the night before we came home (his name was "Biff"). I gave up on the idea until later that night, my brother-in-law, Jeff Peifer, spotted a much larger scorpion for me to take home! After catching him in this Tupperware container, I decided it would be too hard to transport on the plane since we were traveling with four babies (the triplets), so I decided to take a picture instead...

I won't write about what happened to the scorpion after I snapped these pictures since this is a family-friendly blog...

We'll post some more pictures from our trip soon.

10 comments:

Banks Family said...

Brady you crack me up with the quarter in there to show size comparison. I hate those evil things. Last night Davis said Mom why did Heavenly Father put scorpions on the earth, I said I ask myself that same question everyday.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yet another reason I'm glad I live where I do - never seen a scorpion in my life.

Maren said...

so, are there lots of scorpions just lying around the house? i think it is time to get the house sprayed!!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Ewwww! I hate scorpions. I'm sure I'll find you some more when you come back into town.

Banks Family said...

Just so you feel good about living in CA, I just killed a scorpion that size about 30 seconds ago. The problem is....it was in the toy room which stresses me out!! Actually, I didn't kill it I screamed for Brian.

Debbie said...

Hmm...I don't think we will be moving to Arizona...

Rachel said...

Yikes! Not a fan of those little buggers! Do you remember that night I was ATTACKED by the scorpion in your bedroom! I seriously thought I was going to die! A little dramatic, huh?

Dori said...

Scary! I lived in Arizona, and am proud to say that the closest I ever got to those things is looking at them through those creepy paperweights people make out of their "hunt". They freak me out! Cute blog! I added you to my friends list. Sophie is such a pretty baby!

The Cullimore's said...

Wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing, Melinda is never going to step foot in Arizona again!

I'll bet your co-workers were so upset that they didn't get to experience a scorpion in person. Now get that thing a leash and take it for a walk, it is big enough!

DC

Rebecca said...

Scary! I am glad the scorpions are there and not my house. no more for me! I hope you squashed it!