Sunday, November 12, 2006

Welcome to the World!

Sophie Elizabeth Cullimore is finally here and we are loving every minute of it!

Elizabeth developed hypertension during the last couple weeks of her pregnancy so she was under the supervision of Matria services as a compromise to keep her doctor from checking her into the hospital. On the evening of Sunday, November 5, 2006, she had a couple of high blood pressure results so her doctor ordered her to report to the emergency room as soon as possible. Spencer and Debbie Couts, who were visiting us at the time, helped us get my things together (since Elizabeth had already packed her bag) and made the drive to Huntington Memorial Hospital--the drive we had been looking forward to making for several months.

Due to more high blood pressure results in the hospital, Elizabeth was admitted into the hospital later that night and her C-section was scheduled for the next morning at 6:00 a.m. Sweet-talking Elizabeth convinced her doctor to postpone the C-section long enough for her mom and sister to come into town from Arizona. So it was rescheduled to Tuesday, November 7th at 5:30 p.m.

On the afternoon of November 7th, with her mom and sister at her side, Elizabeth began having contractions. She was prepared for her C-section and then delivered little Sophie at 5:51 p.m. Elizabeth's mom and I were in the operating room during the surgery and were able to hear Sophie cry for the first time. After she was cleaned off by a nurse and bundled up like a burrito, I was finally able to hold her.

Over the next couple of days, Elizabeth had to be treated for her high blood pressure while we enjoyed every minute we were able to spend with Sophie in the hospital. We were discharged yesterday, November 11th, and are now home enjoying her even more. Elizabeth's mom will be here for the next couple of weeks to take care of us and spoil us with her culinary cuisines.

We love little Sophie and hope everyone can see her soon. She hardly ever cries and everyone says she looks exactly like her daddy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the cute website! I am so glad I can look at babie Sophie all day! I am so happy for the both of you! I can't wait to see you! I love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little granddaughter you are, Sophie. We're so excited to see you in a couple of weeks. We love your mommy and daddy very much and already love you lots! See you soon!
Grandma Kathy & Grampa Dennis

Anonymous said...

Hi baby Sophie! you look just like your mom and dad.... you are so petite and sweet!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy and excited for you guys! We are very happy Mom and baby and doing well!

Anonymous said...

The finest-looking Cullimore ever! We can't wait to meet her!

Much love,

Andrew and Janie

Anonymous said...

I remember the morning when Elizabeth read a little poem to us here at work, she was pregnant! It's amazing how time flies by. Now that little Sofie is here, I am so happy we can share such a wonderful moment with you both. Congrats, she is a doll.
I am looking forward to more birthdays!