Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Baby Girl!!

Elizabeth's contractions began yesterday (1/23) at about 6 PM and continued to get worse and more frequent until about 9:45 PM when we decided it was time to go to the hospital. The contractions continued to get even worse and more frequent at the hospital. Elizabeth was pretty uncomfortable until she got the epidural, then things calmed down quite a bit for a few hours...until the pushing began.

She began pushing a little after 1 AM and our beautiful baby girl was born at 1:53 AM on January 24, 2009. She weighed 7 pounds, 14.5 ounces, and was 21 inches long.

The reason I haven't mentioned her name is that it hasn't been settled 100%. It will be settled shortly according to the rules of the hospital who won't let us leave without deciding on a name...

Here are a couple of pictures to capture the past 20 hours:

Getting ready to deliver...

A very proud father!

Grandma Davis who flew in from Arizona to help us out!

Our beautiful baby girl!!

Our delivery nurse who did a great job -- Alma.

A rare moment where mother and baby were able to sleep at the same time.

Sophie taking care of her baby sister.
She has been looking forward to this for a long time!

The happy family!

11 comments:

Maren said...

HOORAY!! i am so excited for you guys. cant wait to hear the name. i love her little hand in every picture. its like she is waving!

holly said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad your VBAC worked and all is well. Rest up!

Angela said...

woohoo! congrats to all the cullimores! and i'm so happy about your vbac - i was thinking about you all week. :)

California Garners said...

Congratulations! ...and it's really not fair that you look so pretty for labor and delivery.
Jennifer

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I was wondering when we'd see a post about this! Elizabeth-you look great, your new daughter is adorable and congrats on the VBAC...I didn't even know you were going to attempt it, but that's awesome. I'm so glad everything went well. Hope to see more pics soon!

Jami Baker said...

You are so dang cute even when you are in the hospital having babies! She is darling and glad things went well for you guys! Congrats!!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Yeah! I am so happy for all of you! I love Sophie's shirt that says "Big Sister". I miss you and can't wait to see you! I am so glad you finally updated your blog! Baby girl is so beautiful and everyone looks great and happy! See you soon!

Janie said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so thrilled your vbac went well. She is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you posted so many pics of her! I can't wait to find out her name. Hopefully a Sat in the very near future will find me up there to meet her in person. I'll call you in a few weeks. :) So happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys!She is just beautiful! I know the hang up on the naming is that you are going to name her after her favorite aunt (a.k.a. ME!) and are just trying to figure out how to break it to all the other aunts! :) Even if that isn't the name, we are really happy for you!

Sheri Lee said...

How do you look so beautiful on the delivery table? Seriously. What a beautiful baby, congrats! I am excited to meet her!

Sheri Lee said...

How do you look so beautiful on the delivery table? Seriously. What a beautiful baby, congrats! I am excited to meet her!